Hotel Management and BMS are two very popular career options among students after completing higher secondary education in Mumbai. Today we are going to discuss some of the popular Hotel Management colleges in Mumbai and BMS Colleges in Mumbai.
Eligibility criteria for admission.
The eligibility criteria for admission to a 3-year degree course in Hotel Management (BHM) is a 10+2 education in any stream with at least a 50 percent score from a Government recognized Board. Some colleges require students to pass the relevant entrance examination such as NCHMCT JEE or other relevant examinations conducted by the college. A 5 percent relaxation in 10+2 scores is provided to students belonging to reserved categories.
The eligibility criteria for admission to a Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) degree is a 10+2 education in any stream from a Government recognised Board. Students must have scored at least 50 percent in the 10+2 examination. A 5 percent relaxation is provided for students belonging to reserved categories. Students must pass the MUCMET entrance examination for admission to colleges offering a degree from Mumbai University.
Popular Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai.
The following is a list of popular Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies.
- CII Institute of Hospitality, ITC Maratha.
- ITM Institute of Hotel Management.
- Saint Andrews College of Arts, Science and Commerce.
- Mumbai University.
- Kapol Vidyanidhi College of Management and Technology.
- Sophia Polytechnic.
- Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management.
- Anjuman-Islam’s Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology.
Popular BMS Colleges in Mumbai.
- Saint Xavier’s College.
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics.
- HR College of Commerce and Economics.
- Jai Hind College.
- Mithibai College.
- KC College.
- Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management.
- RA Poddar College of Commerce and Economics.
- SIES College.
- K J Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce.
Both Hotel Management and BMS offer excellent career options for students after completing their education. Students who wish to work in the hospitality industry choose the Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) degree whereas students who are oriented toward a corporate life in fields such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance etc usually opt for the BMS Degree. Students interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree can opt for a Master’s in Hotel Management or Master of Management Studies after completing their degree. The decision to choose from among the two solely depends on the interest of the student.
Students should choose a Hotel Management College in Mumbai or a BMS College in Mumbai based on thorough research about the quality of education imparted in the college. They must also consider factors such as campus recruitment opportunities provided by the college. Factors such as fees and proximity to students’ place of residence should also be considered. Students must also speak to alumni of the college wherever possible, to get first-hand information about the college they are interested in.